The one about my talents

This week's topic for the weekly summer link up with Monica at I Heart Grade 3 is all about talents...so I'm trying to figure out two of my talents. 

The first one is easy (and none of my friends will be surprised by this)- BAKING! I LOVE to bake. I like to cook also, but baking is something I can safely say that I'm very good at. I have several Pinterest boards that I like to pull ideas from and I'm always volunteering to bring cookies, cupcakes, or some other concoction to a party. I'm very well-known for saying that baking is the only science I understand. Here are a few of my baking adventures:


An American flag cake for 4th of July

Mini apple pies...just because :)

Watermelon-colored chocolate chip cupcakes with buttercream frosting


Now for my second talent... perhaps my creativity, because I just love making things. My mother always liked to say that I just like making a mess, but I promise- great things come from my messes! Baking is one of those things, but I'm always crafting- at home and in the classroom with my kids. Here are a few at-home crafts: 
Picture of Hedwig on top of some Hogwarts books (photo is a little dark)
Homemade Brownies in a Jar for my room mothers one year


Repurposed wine bottles & corks, all dressed up for the holidays
Changed what used to be my wedding sign into this cute chalkboard Christmas wine sign
                                   
Now I have an itch to bake something delicious and then craft after...

Check out more amazing talents here:
 My Talent(s)



2 comments

  1. Wow Cait!

    You are one talented and crafty lady! My mouth is watering just looking at your baked goods! How on earth did you manage to get the American flag inside of your cake? That's so cool!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Monica

    www.iheartgrade3.com
    www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Grade-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. those desserts look delicious! and I love the crafts, you've inspired me to create more arts and crafts for the holidays!

    www.sciencebeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top